Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Art Show
This last weekend I attended the Lincoln Art and Balloon Festival, what a wonderful weekend for an outdoor art show. As I set up in the pouring rain at 7:00 in the morning I was wondering again ( as I do most of the time I'm setting up at any outdoor art show ) what the heck am I doing this for. The skies and my mood cleared up slightly as people began to filter through my booth to view the paintings that were at that point drying.
It is standard practice to put price tags on your work ( as I think some people actually sell things at these events ) but today I had some new pieces that didn't have prices so I left them off all of them. This social experiment I found was a great thing. Instead of seeing my prices and leaving booth like I was a leaper, the people came in looked around and asked questions. It seemed the knew, not only by the absence of prices , but by the quality of the work itself that if they had to ask they couldn't afford it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter