Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Weekend in Galesburg

Spent Saturday in Galesburg at the Art in the Park, it was OK , not great just OK. Sales were weak in this city as many of the jobs have moved to various locales other that Galesburg. I fared better than most of my other artists at the show but still not a stellar weekend.

Sunday after church, The Woman and I went to the Pekin Marigold Festival to check it out and see what was going on there. It is a three day fall festival held at the central park with over a hundred vendors. These were by in large craft people - wood things, plaques, sweatshirts, any thing on a stick you could imagine. I did run into a few real artists and they said that the crowds were huge. ( I really don't like to get into money or sales with other artists - just like to know if the show was worth their time)

This weekend I will be at my own craft event, the Morton Pumpkin Festival. I attended last year and it was packed with people. The single day attendance total has to be around 10,000 people going through, it was so packed you just had to go with the flow of people. After talking to some of the artists there I decided to participate this year. If it is a success then maybe the Marigold would be a better venue than Galesburg.

I'll let you know next Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter