Thursday, February 07, 2008


Summer of Love


Being somewhat aware in the late 60’s, I had to go to get some photos of the Haight / Ashbury district in San Francisco. In my early teens this was the epicenter of the Hippy Movement. Jefferson Airplane, LSD, Free Love, Wavy Gravy, these are just some of the images that run through my mind as we approach.

When we arrived (we overshot it by 2 blocks cause the bus doesn’t even stop at that corner) it was nothing of these images. Still a low rent area with street people panhandling about, I snapped a couple of shots before some young guy asked me “You want some free marijuana?”
I certainly have aged, cause I told him “No, I’m good” Thirty years ago I’d be saying, “Fire that Motha Up “ My how the times have changed. It’s all for the best, he was probably a narc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter