Thursday, January 31, 2008

San Francisco



This weekend The Woman and I will be travelling to San Francisco. Since I began painting cityscapes in earnest I've made an effort to travel to at least one new major city each year. Thanks to the fact that a portion can be written off as a business expense and for the need to expand the subject matter of my paintings. This year by chance we (I) picked San Francisco, mainly because I've never been to the west coast.

The plan for this trip began with a teacher that The Woman works with, her husband is a pilot and offered us very reduced stand-by tickets. Seems that they get a slug of them every year for friends and family. The whole deal though is that you really have to go when other people don't, so you need to avoid busy holidays. So that is how we ended up picking the first weekend in February.

I also get a weekly list of travel and hotel deals through an e-mail from travelzoo and after we picked the date and while I was Christmas break, the very hotel that we wanted to stay at ( The Tuscan Inn at Fishermans Wharf ) showed up on the list at more than 50% off. It was a sign, so with some of the reservations made ( I do like to have some type of agenda - rental car, hotel, Alcatraz tour ) we will be off for the weekend.

Of course they are calling for a snow storm and we are going to San Francisco during the rainiest month, but The Woman is lucky and with her luck the weather will be unseasonably warm and dry there. Hopefully I can get some good photos for future paintings and just have a good time with my best friend checking out a new place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter