Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finished Sister City Clock


Just outside the door to the Peoria City Hall is a large clock that is dedicated to Peoria's Sister City. The painting that I just finished is of the doorway and the clock. Now it is on to the Court House Square and a memorial to Civil War Soldiers that stands in the southeast corner of the plaza. I am trying to get some Peoria images finished in hopes of getting called off the wait list for the Riverfront Show in two weeks. Time is running out both for the call up and the paintings, I may stop by the Art Guild Friday to beg my way in.


This weekend I will be at the Morton Pumpkin Festival, it is mostly a craft event but they have huge crowds. That is if the weather cooperates - the forecast is for rain - but there is a 30% chance for sun - lets hope.

Next weekend not only is it Kalebs 15th birthday ( wow our baby is going to be 15 ) but I will have to teach a class at the ICC Dogwood Center for the Illinois Art League. September is a very busy month with lots of shows and other opportunities, lets hope I do well - cause my baby needs for surgery. Still no word on the Illinois Artisans grant yet that 7000.00 would help to facilitate a lot of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter