Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cooking with the Queen

I was listening to the radio the other day and a couple who have an afternoon time slot was talking about one of their New Years resolutions. Now I do not really get into the resolution thing but I do appreciate a good idea. This couple was going to learn a new recipe once a week a "cooking date night" if you will. I thought this was a great idea, so I thought The Woman who is always telling us that she is tired of fixing the same old things and hearing us complain about various dinner choices would love it.

Well.... It turns out that what I thought was a great idea needed some tweaking ... It seems that the words "Date Night" and "Cooking" should never be uttered together. The Woman was happy to spend time together learning new recipes, getting help in the kitchen, and generally anyone showing any interest in meal planning. Not with the whole calling it a date, it seems that after 30 some years of marriage I temporarily lost my mind.

So tonight we are making London Broil Portibello Sandwiches with a Spinach Apple Cider Salad courtesy of the food network web site. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Friday or Saturday evening I'll be taking The Woman to Sky Harbor for the best steaks in the area, as I've been reminded what a date night is ..... and I got the black eye by walking into a door... OK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter