Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Thoughts

First The Woman has sort of shot down the whole Christmas decoration idea that I had. I can see her point - two manikins with Christmas presents on their crotches hanging off the backboard in the driveway - that's not really too Christmasy. So that leaves me exactly where I was before not having any clear goal for decoration, and as the old adage says "If you aim for nothing - you will surely hit it "

Secondly, I been asked to participate in a certain thing ( I'll tell more about that as things actually happen ) I can tell you that it is a real honor to be asked to do this and it may send some ripples through the small but growing art community that is Peoria. .... But ..... My mind goes to the movie "Goodfellas" A group of guys off doing there own thing, having some fun , sort of sticking it to the establishment and taking what they want. Then at the end of the movie Joe Peshie gets called up he's going to become a "Made" guy a huge honor that his friends are excited about as he is. Only to get a bullet in the head for his past transgressions, now I don't think I'll get whacked .... but ....

Thirdly , I need to stretch some canvases - even though I've had a really busy and productive December with the new canvas prints .....I'm still a painter ... not a printer. So I need to get working on the new paintings for this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter