Monday, November 06, 2006

What a Great Weekend

As I stated in my last blog, I now have some more building - home maintenance - issues to attend to at my parents home. I started the plans for the wheelchair ramp at work Friday and have a good idea of what has to be done. I will be working on a material list early this week and see when they want the work to begin.

The weather outside this weekend was overcast and spitting rain, that is wonderful painting weather. So I went to work on "US Cellular" early Saturday. The newlyweds came in this weekend from Des Moines, so that meant lots of running around for the rest of the family, but I was at home by myself. I would give a conservative estimate of being half way finished with the painting at weekends end, not bad for a 24" x 72" painting. I may be able to finish this week and start "New Busch" next weekend as long as the weather continues to be bad.

Tonight is the monthly board meeting of the IAL, I am starting to dislike meetings, as they cut into my studio time. I get all stoked up on a painting, can't wait to get back to it, I'm painting in things in my head all day long( I would say that at least a third of painting is thinking about what you are going to do next) and then I have to go and break the chain of thought with some meeting or other project.

Speaking of other projects - my mind has been also working on the "Leg Lamp" - it is something that I want to make for the front lawn as my Christmas decoration. The leg will be about 10 feet tall to the top of the lampshade and I expect to cause some accidents on the highway when it is finished.

2 Comments:

Blogger CharlieGirl said...

do you really think the leg lamp is necassary?

Monday, 06 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas just isnt Christmas without the leg lamp,Im all for it!

Tuesday, 07 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter