Friday, October 26, 2007

Baseball Is King
Although I have been preoccupied with shows this summer I still found time to attend some new ballparks. Thanks for the respite but it's time to get busy for the next year. In the coming weeks and months I will be reliving the trip to Yankee and Shae Stadiums and soon will be unveiling the Yankee Stadium painting here for the first time. I will also throw in some of the paintings that I have finished this summer.
Hopefully I can still finish some of the small "painting a day" pieces along the way. During the upcoming painting season ( like most artist when the weather turns cold and rainy it's time to hit the studio) I will be working on a Coney Island series also other views of New York City. The canvases that are already sketched out and waiting in the corner of my studio include the Boston Red Sox home - Fenway Park.
The demand on the ballpark prints have been solid since bringing them out at the first show this August. ( I could kick myself for not learning how tho use the new Epson 1800 printer sooner) The prints are smaller than the commercial done ones 5" x 18.5" as opposed to 12"x30" but at $35.00 matted and in clear sleeves the are a steal at local shows.
As I have stated in an earlier post it is still my goal to paint every Major League ballpark foul pole to foul pole. The market for the east coast teams is huge even in the mid-west, so I am working feverishly to complete these next two. The problem is always in the details. In one seating section at Yankee Stadium alone there is at least 2500 seats, that's lots of tedious work and I must say not the most exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter