Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Seats are in

Last night finished the right field seating area at Yankee Stadium, tonight it is on to signs. Dare I think that I could be finished sometime this weekend? The time change is a good time for an artist, it is dark when you get home so you can do outdoor things, might as well paint. I'm down to the outfield wall, and the trademark white fence around the upper outfield wall.
I am unsure of my next painting, I have sketched out a panel that is a scene from Coney Island, but the area galleries are requesting more city images of Peoria. I also have Fenway Park ready in the wings, but I know that I will put that off for awhile. Two ballparks in a row would be a tough road. The ball sell well and people are eager to see them, although I don't find them as exciting as some of the other pieces.
I think I will follow my original plan and paint the Coney Island scene. It is of the boardwalk from inside an overhang, so I really like the dark foreground to the sunny shops in the center. It should be a visually stunning piece.
You can tell that my mind is already finished the ballpark and moving on, this a dangerous time, as I don't want to hurry through the remain areas of Yankee Stadium just to start something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter