Tuesday, October 30, 2007


Wrigley
Upon arriving home at the studio and getting my photos back from developing ( another thing that I don't have to worry about with the whole digital process) I pieced the images together and decided how to attack the painting. To give Wrigley the scale that I was looking for, I knew that I wanted it 24" tall but the width was going to exceed ten feet. That was way too large for transport and was maxing out my studio. The solution was to paint it as a diptych, the two pieces would be easier to transport and would fit nicely on my easel. Although this also creates other problems, colors must match along with perspective lines ( a problem that I have already had with a previous diptych ) . The finished piece was stunning and the flexibility that it offers with hanging is also interesting, it can be hung flat or in a corner with the same effect.
Still working on the new painting of Yankee Stadium, I am slowly moving across the lower seating area, bull pen areas, and the Yankee legends area in left center field. If I can get back on it tonight should be working on the black out seats in center, and maybe onto the right field seating areas ( yea more seats ) The detail that is in the paintings is really improving along with the digital images, I have photo shop on the computer in my studio and rarely look at the printed photos as it is easier to call up individual photos and zoom in to see details for the area that I'm working on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter