Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bohemian Meeting / Art Show


Tonight is the monthly meeting of the Bohemian Art Society at the Rhythm Kitchen in downtown Peoria. It is good to meet with other artists and go over what is going on and find out maybe new information regarding shows.

Then this weekend I have signed up for a show at a local business, Hoerr Nursery, the only problem with doing this at this time is that we will be in the greenhouse. Although it will not be outside, the greenhouse is only heated by the sun and is subject to temperature swings. Since today’s starting temp was about 14 degrees I’m not looking forward to setting up and freezing myself to death trying to hawk some art. The nursery does run ads on local TV and I have made some sales there in the past so it is a risk that I must take. The weekend forecast is for slightly warmer temps but a chance for rain, clouds won’t help warm up a greenhouse.

Shows are the necessary evil of the art business, if you don’t go out and put in your time sitting and talking to would be patrons you would never sell anything. Now that I have the ability to produce my own prints these shows are much more tolerable. At least I come away with a little money to offset expenses.

Kaleb and The Woman will be at Regionals in Olympia this Saturday, I will be keeping you informed of his progress on his way to state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter