Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Strange Partners

I got a call the other day from Jennifer Lee ( The former Director of the Peoria Art Guild ) and was talking with her about the need for some new artists to get a booth or group shot of their work so that they could apply at shows this summer.

This last year has been brutal on the arts, I've been at many shows and talked with artists of different forms and across the board it has been bleak. One artist husband was telling me that they lost 10,000.00 the first two months of 2009 and cancelled all their shows until the Peoria Riverfront Show in September. Lots of artists are literally just folding up tents and doing other things.

Anyway to address the conversation with Jennifer - I decided to put on my own workshop and hold a little seminar on how to apply on-line and to have a display area so artists could get the booth shot they need also. So I contacted Linda Freeburg - the President of the Illinois Art League and told her of my plans for the workshop and asked to borrow a few display boards for the event. In return I asked that she invite any interested members of the IAL to attend.

So in February the workshop may bring together some of the varied factions of the Peoria art community ( for at least a Saturday anyway) .

Will probably post something about the "Goodfellas" thing at some point this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter