Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Taking one for the team

As the holidays approach ones head fills with all the wonderful Norman Rockwellian images of turkey/family/shopping/and festivities. Somehow the visiting of relatives is an integral part of Thanksgiving, even if your relatives are not just "over the meadow and through the woods"

My Mother is coming over for Thanksgiving , which is no big deal since we live in the same town. The big deal is that somehow I have been elected to drive to Mississippi and back in the three days following the feast.

I haven't been to visit my southern relatives for probably twenty years , so I guess I'm due. The amazing part for me was how busy ever other potential driver or family member became when this idea arose.

Oh well - I plan on stopping along the way for some photos of things that I've wanted to get ( Sun Records and BB Kings in Memphis - and on the way back I just learned of the Crown Candy Kitchen and Ted Drewes in St. Louis) so I won't be in the studio this holiday weekend .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter