Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wow What a Weekend
I love holidays, get to spend more time at home. Between sports, friends, friends from out of state, the Red Cross constantly calling me in for platelets, how do I get any painting done. Well I still managed to get some studio time and finished one of the canvases " Tavern" and started a dyptych " Stained Glass" which is well on it way. Hope to get some time in the studio tonight but I may have to go to City Council meeting they are deciding the budget for my good friends at Art Partners,( you may visit this site at www.artspartners.net) , the city in it's infinite wisdom wants to cut the budget 39,000.00 dollars.

The problem for myself is that I tend to get involved, and at times to the detriment of things that I am trying to accomplish. When I first started attending shows one of them was hosted by the Illinois Art League, so I felt obligated to join. Then you can't join without finding out what the purpose of the group is, so after attending a few meetings, I end up on the Board of Directors. Then I end up as the chairman of the very show I started exhibiting at just three short years ago. Same thing happened with the Bohemian Art Society ( www.bohemianartsociety.org) artist started getting together once a month, sharing ideas,
getting to know and appreciate each others work outside of a show or gallery setting, have some adult beverages, and general be "bohemian". Well, after the founder, friend, and fellow artist, Jack Barger fell ill . I found myself as the president of this fledgling non-profit, we are growing and gaining members.

The city council has my letter, and I have e-mailed specific council members, but the writings on the wall. They are going to cut the budget. I think I will just stay home and paint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter