Friday, November 09, 2007

Milwaukee

We set off to see the Cubs at Wrigley Field North, at the new stadium Miller Park. Miller park is, so far, my favorite stadium. The ease of parking ( 8.00 to park in secure lot with bands and tailgating galore - as opposed to 20.00 at U. S. Cellular in a location that I was grateful it wasn't a night game ), the wide sidewalks that glide you to the entrance, and the the amazing retractable roof stadium. The Brewers have a first class facility, although I have yet to start the painting. For some reason the Brewers don't have a large fan base yet, and since I primarily paint these to sell them --- let me think --- I'll paint others first.
The game was the great the lower bowl filled with Brewer fans the upper bowl filled with Cub fans. My brother-in-law, Mike Thompson, and his family had came to the game with us. Some venues are easier to get tickets to, there is no way to get eight tickets to some of the games, without going through some broker. Even though for some reason there are always guys standing outside stadiums with stacks of tickets for sale.
The grass is in on the Yankee Stadium painting and I should have it finished this weekend, barring some unforeseen delay in me getting into my studio to complete it. The only pressing thing that I have to do in the next few weeks is to replace the lamp shade on my Leg Lamp. For those of you who don't know, this will be the second year of my ultimate lawn decoration for the holidays. I put up a 14' Leg Lamp in my front lawn. Last year it caused quite a stir in it's debut, I made the local news and was picked up by the national UP feed and there were articles as far away as Pueblo Colorado. All under the heading of " Electric Sex" - an homage to the line from the movie "A Christmas Story" - Nothing says Christmas like the soft glow of electric sex .
But after a month out in the elements the lamp shade portion of the display was beyond repair and needs to be replaced, I am hoping the leg portion weathered the storage of the summer months. I have already been asked numerous times if it is going back up I have scores of people that wish to have photos taken with it. It was cool to see sometimes, three or four cars parked outside with families filing up to take there turn posing in front of the Leg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter