Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where did I leave off.....



After Junction City I went to the Wells Street Show in old town Chicago. The show was terribly expensive to attend ( Booth fee 460.00 parking for weekend 60.00 - plus hotel and food for weekend - total expense of about 1000.00) It was a rainy, cold Saturday the wind blowing in off the lake. The show had advertised 80,000 people would attend , that morning I was having a hard time believing that would ever happen as I sat almost falling asleep in the corner of my booth. My world famous assistant had gone back to the van and was taking a much needed nap.

Around noon the sun finally came out and so did some people but as I was soon to find out the art crowd was not coming out until Sunday. It seems that the Wells Street show is really a huge street party and around 4:00 the crowd shifts to the party types - all coming in to grab some beer and offer their opinions on the art being exhibited until the 10:00 close time. Around 7:00 The Woman and I zipped the tent closed and called it a day.

The next day at least the morning art crowd came as the weather was much nicer. It was a learning experience and one that I not sure I will attend again. We packed up and left at about 6:00 that evening well before the 10:00 tear down time - it was the only time I have ever left a show early.

At least I got to knock around the city for the weekend with my beautiful assistant and that alone was worth the price of admission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter