Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Head Cold

After the closet remodel I started to feel a little funny, and not in a good way. Around Wednesday I got a full blown head cold , and with a dome my size, that's a huge cold. Thanks to modern medicine I can at least function through the day, even though I'm a bit foggy. In the evenings I generally just crash and burn. It has not been pleasant but today I'm at least not taking any mind altering drugs so perhaps the worst is over.

The whole time I've been under the weather there has been fevered activity in the whole community as it seems that ABC's Extreme Home Makeover is coming to the area. Everyone that I know is not only talking about it but many are involved. One of my best friends are the night time supervisor ( a week of 12 hour evening shifts - she took a leave of absence from her day job to do it ), the company that I work for ( the day job) donated a huge amounts of fabric for the new draperies. Then the art world started in.

Amy Boetcher, a good art friend and big dreamer, contacted me about a mural that needed to painted in the house. I was very reluctant at first to get involved but The Woman convinced me that it was just a day and it would be cool to help out. So now I guess I'm on call next weekend to paint the mural. The whole process is very secretive and no one knows where this is at or when so you'll know when I know. I have sent sketches to the designer and met with some of the other artists that we have put together. If they want it done you may get to see it on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter