Friday, October 24, 2008

Sketches

As I sat a the drawing table last night , finishing up the sketches for the room, I started to wonder how Lisa is doing. Lisa Walker is my friend who has taken a leave of absence from her job, put her life on hold and is taking on the job of night supervisor of volunteers at the extreme house. Not only is she working twelve hour shifts for a week, she also has to do them all night. Even more worry some than that is who is taking care of Tom her husband? Is he getting fed? Well let's hope they are doing OK.

This whole drama is repeated hundreds of times throughout the community as people are donating their time and putting their life on hold to get this accomplished. Hardly any will get their name in lights or on camera, but they will leave with the satisfaction of doing something bigger than they could have done alone, and bettering a family's life in the process.

So when the cameras and the dust are gone they can look back and say "I had a hand in that" . The few hours that my artist friends put in on the mural will be small in comparison to the hours of labor put in the building of the house. Hey what can I say we're just lucky like that as I lay warm and snug in my bed each night.

Sorry Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter