Monday, November 02, 2009

November



It is November already - to celebrate I turned the heat on at home for the first time - much to the delight of the kids and The Woman. Maybe they will shed some of the blankets they have been wearing around the house. The Des Moines painting is finished - I survived Halloween weekend ( I not sure why so people have so much affection with the holiday - they spend untold amounts of money for a minimal return - that just the frugal side coming out again - remember I just turned the heat on at home )



I got a call from my art friend Amy, Saturday ( I should screen those better ) She is all excited that some guy Rocco is coming to Peoria. Evidently this guy is a big cheese in Washington DC - I've heard from other people in the art community that he is the head of the NEA ( National Endowment for the Arts ) I've also heard that he sort of slighted Peoria in an article that appeared in the New York Times. Well - Amy - ( the unofficial poster girl for all things happening in Peoria ) decides that we need to paint the windows in the lobby at the theater were Rocco will visiting to see a local production of Rent. So Sunday afternoon we tried to make the lobby a more artsy place.

The Des Moines skyline is finished and I will be leaving Friday to make my way there. I should make some prints this week of the painting so I'll have something to sell ( I think that is the point of going) But as a bonus I get to see the beautiful Charlie ( if I can tear her away from her exercise routines) The Woman is going to a retreat in Rockford to meet the author of a series of books she has been reading. It seems that everything that is happening in the month of November is on this next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter