Thursday, October 22, 2009

The power went off so what do you do..



Today around 10:30 the power just snapped off at work. This is a real problem in an old warehouse as ever on a good day it is like working in an underground cave. We can't hear or see the weather - the large mass of concrete that surrounds us make temperature swings almost unnoticeable - until we walk outside. So when the lights go off we are plunged into total darkness.



My answer was to stumble to my desk and sit back with my feet up and try to take a nap. This was somewhat difficult as people kept stumbling by , but if I was quiet they didn't even know I was there. About 11:15 the power came back on and then it was back to work. I don't think I ever really was asleep though, but my foot did as it was crossed funny on my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter