Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Still Waiting

As I have stated in previous posts I'm really trying to get this web site thing going. First so it doesn't cost too much, because "art" really doesn't sell well on the Internet. I get at least one "special offer" every week for some company to put my images on their site ( for a fee ) and they will do all the work. Do yourself a favor before you sign up for one of these find an artist that has signed up contact them and see what they have to say. One site claimed that they had connections with retailers and you couldn't help but make money - so I e-mailed one of the artists, who e-mailed me back and said I was the only person who had ever contacted her and she had made no sales. Needless to say she wasn't going to renew her one year commitment to the site. I don't have these aspirations of instant wealth, but I do need a way that people who have seen me art various art shows to quickly and easily contact our purchase things that they have already seen.

Secondly, I want to do it myself. I don't want to have to contact someone, send images, or wait for something to be done. Like I am now---waiting for my domain name to transferred. It's been 7 days and I'm really wanting to get this thing opened up. I'm calling after lunch to see what the holdup is. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter