Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Day of Sorrow

Today is the last day of summer for The Woman - She has to return to her class tomorrow and gone are the days when I come home and lunch is waiting on the counter and she says's - "Meet me in the pool when your done"

The really sad part is that this definitely the downhill side of summer - The days are getting shorter - soon the temperature will drop so low at night I'll be forced to close the pool ( No - I haven't made enough money this summer to get the gas pool heater that I covet) Friends will stop coming by on the weekends and then comes the long cold winter.

But - I do have lots of cool ideas to tackle this winter when I have nothing to do but work - so I guess I'll survive.

And that pool bunny that sets out my lunch will have next summer off and I'll have that to look forward to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter