Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Pressure is On

The holiday season is official starting at 4:30 tonight. The workweek is short, the kitchen will be off limits, the pants will be unfastened, and then we will all take a nap. Some of us will hit the stores early Friday, but for myself it is "Go time". After years of persuading The Woman of the need for a "Leg Lamp" she has finally seen the light, and it's wearing fish net stockings. All we have to do is get it to stand up in the front yard, anchor it down, plug it in, and pray that the wind doesn't shred the thing to pieces.
The lovely Duncan couple are coming in from Des Moines so I might get some assistance with the installation process.
The Woman and I will not be in town for Saturdays lighting, as we are going to Chicago for an encaustic workshop at the WAG Gallery on Division Street. We will have to trust that the timers will do their job. Hope to have some images of the leg and the encaustic pieces sometime soon. Have a great Thanksgiving to anyone who looks at this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tina and the family! We will be spending this great family day with my oldest son and his family for the first time in 18 years! My former life tradition was to spend every Thanksgiving in Louisville with my ex's mother. That is about the only time my sons get to see their Dad. But this year, Grandma is going to him. And I get my son!
Truly a time for thanksgiving!
OK...I see the leg lamp...a marvelous work of ingenuity...but...Christmas? I think I'm with Tina! You have a jewel in her, you know!!!! Did you get to Exhibit A? I found out they are open to 6pm. Take care! Linda

Thursday, 23 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter