Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Update

Not much painting took place, the new lampshade took center stage. With, what seems to me, the early arrival of Thanksgiving, focus has to be on getting the "Leg Lamp" back in good order for the holidays.
The Woman also decided that I needed to finish some home repairs, as attention would be drawn to the front of our house. For those of you that don't know, the front of our house has a "faux porch". When we moved in it was very plain looking and needed some type of architectural feature as a focal point. We decided on a non-functional 25' wide porch. We went and got city permits for a "faux porch" and for the most part it is like any other porch except the door is just screwed into the wall. May times over the years has unsuspecting people came up to the door and left packages - tried to deliver pizzas - our to visit, only to find no doorknob. We had removed the soffit when we installed the new roof last year, so we could cut vents for the attic and it needed to be replaced. I was reluctant but The Woman convinced me that I really needed to address the problem, and like always The Woman was right.
Also worked on scanning old photos for a gift for my Mother for Christmas. Last December I purchased lots of equipment for my studio... computer, printer, camera, and software. One of the cool things was the Sony Vegas Movie Maker Software. Really haven't worked with it too much but found that it was really easy to load the photos, add titles, and special fade affects. Hope to figure out how to add music.
My sisters are always trying to out cheap everyone at Christmas this will be great, I can get my Mother this frame loaded with all her old photos set to music, and she can see them anytime she wants. For my sisters I can just burn a DVD of the same thing and they will have a meaningful gift - for the price of a blank disc - try to out cheap that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter