Tuesday, January 29, 2008



Sorry for the delay






Since the last blog, the Leg Lamp was lost to a wind storm the weekend before Christmas. The holiday season has pasted, presents opened, returned. The New Year came and wrestling began in earnest for my youngest son. I have got some actual painting news though, through all the hubbub of the season I did manage to get into the studio and finish some pieces.



Early December I finished the Grill House, located at Coney Island, it came out of it OK. I'm not as impressed with as I thought I would be. Because it was a view from under an overhang looking out onto the boardwalk at first it was exciting, but as it neared completion it was just a little too gray and gloomy. Not exactly the look I was going for, but at least I saw it through to completion. Most of the pieces that I work on are the same way though, when I sketch them out or visualize them in my head they are much better than when I'm finished. Very few do I like to look at later, maybe I'm too critical and look at all the faults or see what I could have spent more time on. The problem is that I have SO much I want to paint and can't wait to get to the next better project. Anyway here is the Grill House - the piece is approximately 32" x 24" and since I have to price things ( because my friends say I give too much stuff away ) $1200.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter