Friday, March 14, 2008

Two Applications in the Mail

Last night I took advantage of the clean and organized studio to fill out two applications to summer shows. Sugar Creek, a large show in Normal IL and Rhapsody in Bloom in Peoria. The Normal show is very big, some 10,000 plus people (the show says that there are 20,000 + but I think they overestimate to get people to sign up). It is a semi affluent community with lots of well-educated and knowledgeable patrons, if accepted I should do OK at this show.

Rhapsody in Bloom is another story; I chose to drop the show last year. The crowds are sparse (they charge an admission to enter the show and this does keep lots of people away) and it is always sweltering hot. This year I’m going to give it one last chance, since I now have the “print rack”. This addition to my booth has been very beneficial at the few shows that I had it last year, so I’ve gone from losing lots of money at a show to at least making worth my while.

So Rhapsody is getting a second chance and I am putting more smaller shows on the list all the time. On March 29th I will be setting up at “Roam the Dome”, it is an inflatable dome in Pekin IL, it is not your typical “art” show – I don’t even know if other artists will be there. People will be there though, and if people are there I can sell them (I hope, all I have to do is about $50.00 to break even so it’s worth a shot)

Also on the docket for this year are events like – Peoria Park Districts – Baseball Card Show, the Morton Pumpkin Festival, and Pekin’s Marigold Festival. I’ll let you know if my plans of being an “Art Ho” turn out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter