Friday, May 09, 2008

Thursday Recap

Last night was a bust for painting, had to take Kaleb to mow at my parents, went to look at a topper for the truck(to help transport art to shows), to the awards event at the junior high, then for pizza at Mickie's ( arguably the best around ).
The topper looks good and I will probably go get it tonight. The only problem is that it is dark blue and my truck is white, but at some point this summer I should find time to shoot it white to match.
The highlight of the evening was not the awards ceremony, oh no, it was the sparring of words at my parents house. After 51 years of marriage my southern parents have a unique way of bantering back and forth. This is at times playful and at others scary, the exchange sort of went as follows.
Dad: Get in here before I box yer ears!

Mom: You better watch out old man if the left one don't get ya the right one will. (shaking her fists)

Dad: You'd have a better shot at shave a cougar's ass with a beaver than to mess with me!

Mom: I'll wrap those oxygen lines around yer neck and drag you around the house with em! (my Dad has to have oxygen since he lost a lung to cancer)

And we proclaim the winner Dad!!! Were did the whole cougar thing come from? Not mention a beaver!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter