Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Framing

I have said in earlier posts that I love the fact that I can now create some (not all ) of my own prints for shows. This allows me to have a more economical package at shows for the cost conscience Mid West shoppers. In the past I have only single matted the prints and placed them in clear sleeves, this the accepted approach by most artists and I will continue to offer those at fair prices.
There are some prints that sell very well though, and those I have been going the extra step to frame them. This gives me a two fold problem, the extra time and expense of framing, and transporting framed glass pieces without damage.
The latter I have sort of addressed as I have purchased plastic totes and wrap them in a thin foam. The time and money part is harder, although I buy in bulk frames still cost money and all must be cleaned and assembled, mats cut to fit. I did manage to finish eight last night, man I hope these sell at a show cause I'll be out a lot of money if I'm guessing wrong.

On another note I received my first order from the Clubs at Rivercity where The Woman had me go and work on my display. A Yankee Stadium print......and of course they want it framed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter