Thursday, May 01, 2008

Wait List

Well although I have not received "official" notification from the Peoria Art Guild regarding the Riverfront Show, I checked the Juried Services site and saw the wait list sign. I'm not sure what that means but at least I didn't get the automatic boot- rejected. I'm guessing that if some other painters fall ill or happen to die or decide " what the heck I don't want to go to that prestigious show", I might have a chance at getting in. So for now I wait.
I will also have to wait on the judging at the Peoria Historical Society show to see about the Rennick Award. The show is hung and the only real competition is Sir William Hardin, a superb portrait artist, whose paintings regularly sell for $20,000.00 . Mine occasionally sell for $1500.00, so it gives you an idea of his talent, but we don't have a decision yet and I'm pulling for the underdog - me.
Tonight I have to judge an art show at the East Peoria Library and drop off some more painting at Kickapoo Creek Winery. I just got an e-mail that they a having a "meet and greet" on May 18th as a kick off for the "Arbor Gallery" at the winery.
Still no word on other shows for the summer, but it is shaping up to be a busy one - I just hope it is productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter