Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Tent

After this weekend in the rain and very high winds I have come to the decision that it is time for a new tent. The 10 x 10 Ez-up that I purchased 5 years ago has served me well, but it is showing it's age and it is not the best looking thing at the show. In a market where image is everything it would be advisable to have what the President of the Peoria Art Guild, Kim Armstrong, called a "Big Boy Tent".

I was told by Kim that I have a very good chance of getting the call to exhibit at the Fine Art Festival at the Peoria Riverfront this fall. So in anticipation of that call I will be looking into a new structure. I have sort of settled on the Trimline Canopy a 10 x 10 barrel roofed exhibit tent designed by artists and sells for about 850.00. It has the benefit of being "waterproof" as opposed to "water resistant", which is a huge thing if you have every been in an art show tent in the rain. I contacted the Flourish Co. that makes them and am getting a catalog with all the optional equipment. I will probably start with the base unit and add on some of the better options ie: awnings.

Even though the crowds were thin at the show the business was good, hopefully after a good night sleep last night I'm ready to get back to the studio and the DAR Hall painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter