Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Booth #19

Shortly after the post yesterday my cell phone rang and I was asked if I wanted to take a spot that had just opened up for the Peoria Art Guilds Fine Art Fair.......... Duh.........Yes!!!!

So after dropping everything I was doing at work and calling The Woman at school to tell her the news, I ran (drove) down to the Art Guild and signed up. I gladly paid my $250.00 booth rental fee and was welcomed into the show.

If you have never applied at a big show it is hard to understand the excitement of getting in, in a sports analogy it would be like getting called up to the Majors - and playing for your favorite team. Granted I'm just taking someones place on the Injured Reserve List - but I'm still in the game.

The river is slowly receding and I've been asked to submit a painting for the Preview Party on Friday ( I won't be going to this as tickets are $75.00 and I'm just a replacement player) I will be at the Embassy Suites that Friday at a benefit for the Neighborhood House, hey I'm an art whore what can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter