Monday, September 29, 2008

Art Show Over

The Peoria Art Guild's Fine Art Festival is now history, as a rookie at the event I was amazed at the service that the volunteers provide. The first day I packed up my supplies to get me through the day ( I actually forgot to bring the cooler The Woman brought it later) but I really didn't need it. The artist break room ( yes an actual room - with a staff of people manning it) had all types of drinks (Starbucks Coffee) and snacks. The snacks varied through the day from breakfast to lunch type. Most awesome - I didn't even bring coffee to the show the next day - that says it all - cause I don't go anywhere without coffee!! But it was there whenever I wanted it!

The sales were good and I do appreciate that, but more important in the big scheme of things is the fact that my stock in the Peoria art scene rose dramatically by being in the show. Many contacts and people who had seen my painting about, finally getting to see me in person.

Looking forward to taking a few weeks off to just hang out. Although I do have some more events, they are small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter