Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Des Moines has potential

I showed at the Metro Arts Show in Des Moines this weekend and it was a great show. The ease of entrance and exit into the Hy-Vee Center was excellent. ( I showed up about 1:00 on Friday and was one of the first ones to leave after the 4:00 close - on the road out town by 4:45 ) Sales were flat as all shows have been this year. There were several factors that may have played a negative effect on the show though. The weather outside was gorgeous - really it was the best weekend outside in months - I'm sure that many people just took advantage of it and did something with their families. Second was that Saturday the fourth ranked Iowa Hawkeyes played football and everyone in the state was glued to the game.

I did at least manage to get the photos that I wanted for a few more paintings of Des Moines. I also met the director of The Other Show that is put on during the summer at the Iowa Fair Grounds. ( I am very interested in attending this show ) I also met a gallery owner that has a gallery in West Des Moines at the West Glen shopping center - By the Jordan Creek Mall - very upscale area of Des Moines. It looks like I could expand out a little into the Iowa region by next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter