Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Got Some Canvas

I've been waiting for supplies this past week - hanging out with The Woman and mainly just relaxing ( even to the point of sweat pants and sweat shirt after work ) it's been pretty cool. Yesterday I received a roll of canvas I ordered to print on and things are starting to change ( although I still had on basketball shorts and t-shirt ) I cut some of the canvas blanks and printed several paintings on them - they turned out pretty cool.

Tonight I will be making some of the wood blanks that I will be stretching these canvas prints over - so I might have some finished product by tomorrow. The 24"x48" paintings are the ones I'm working on now and they should finish out at about 10" x 22 " when I get them mounted. Hopefully I can get them to market soon to take advantage of the Christmas gifting public.

The ballparks are proving a little more difficult - I did print Wrigley and it looks great. The problem arises when I try to fold it so the sides are covered ( this mimics the paintings and saves money on framing ) the images are so tight that part of the ball park is folded over the side. I've been working in Photoshop expanding the canvas size so the original image stays on the front of the canvas and still gives the appearance of painted sides. This is a sort of time consuming task and I've yet to see if my efforts are working.

The Woman is working tonight and that will leave me alone to try out some things - so wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter