Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter Storm

As you may have heard the Midwest was hit this week by a huge winter storm front. These can be very tricky to forecast though ( Ask our weather men) The forecast went from a eminent disaster of 12" or more to a trace dusting of snow. The one thing that they did get right was the wind.

Wind as you may know is something that I can stand, as an artist that does outdoor events there is nothing that is scarier than a freak storm that blows all your art (and tent) into the next county. The winds started to pick up the first evening of the storm and living on top off a hill I could hear it all evening moaning up through the woods by my house. I did not sleep well that night,very restless. The next morning as I surveyed outside I noticed that there was some damage.

It seems that if you put a big lamp in your front yard you need to take into account that these storms may happen. The Leg was still standing but the shade portion had been folded over buy a gust of wind. I didn't have the time to mess with it that morning as I had to go to work, and much to my dismay the winds actually picked up during the day. By evening the shade was dangling from the leg in pieces.

Sorry for the demise of the leg lamp but it is now taken down and probably never to return.

Any suggestions for my next Christmas display?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter