Monday, August 08, 2011

Charlie is coming!

Charlie ( our older daughter ) is coming to visit this weekend, and we can't wait. Although she only lives in Des Moines ( a mere 4 hours away) it seems that we never get to see her enough.

It seems that the only time we get to see each other is when there is a show in Iowa - and now she is coming when we have a show in Illinois. These things happen - we are just glad that we get to see her.

This weekend I'll be at one of the only two local events that I'll be participating in, the Washington Art Show.

I try to limit my exposure in the local market ( I don't want to be out there too much) and have avoided this show for the first three years that it was held. Last year I was sort of cornered to apply. So as I sat there in my booth and pondered reasons why I would not do this show again (foam bow and arrow tent/tupperware tent) the only reason that I came up with was pride. Yes, there were people that should have not been there at all, but the people came out and the show was successful and most of all to the artist involve - cheap.

The Washington Show is only 60.00 and is 15 minutes from my house and pool - it's hard not to do a show like that - as long as people keep coming - I'll keep going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter