Friday, February 17, 2012




Shuffle Board





I've finished a few new pieces this winter - Thought I would share a little bit of two of them. The Woman was sick over the first part of the Christmas break and I had a few days to get out in the garage and made a shuffleboard that was custom fit for the room.


The family room wasn't being used at all, we had loaded it with a random collection of things that we just wouldn't throw away ( old leather sofa and love seat - large 60" projection TV - weight bench that literally had dust on it - some old computers ) So I started taking some of it to work and disposing of it in the dumpster. On my first trip one of the guys that works in the building asked what I getting rid of and then the next night he showed up with a trailer and took it all. We again had an empty room.

The Woman had acquired a pool table/ping pong table ( we had one in the room before - our oldest son took it when he bought a house in Chicago ) - we set it up hung some new paintings and we had a game room. I thought it would be cool to have a shuffle board table, but when I started looking at them the first thing that I noticed was that they were expensive ( and I'm not about throwing money around) and the second thing is they are very long (most are 16').

I had sort of convinced The Woman that I could and should do this - we even went out to Great Escapes and looked at one - but she had reservations (mainly that her carport was still just a cover for the garbage cans). So when she took ill for a few days on Christmas break, I took advantage of her bed rest and constructed my own 10' shuffleboard ( total length is about 11' 6") After trying various powders it turned out way better than I expected.


The table is on the right and on the wall behind it is a new painting " Grain Belt Beer"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter