Thursday, September 07, 2006

Recently In Chicago

Last month I was selected to display my work with six other Peoria artists at the Black Walnut Gallery on Division Street in Chicago. It was an extreme honor to be in the show as there were a lot of talented competition. The "Made in Peoria" show had an artist's opening on the first Saturday and The Woman and I went up for the day. We spent most of the day walking along Division and Milwaukee , taking photos, looking at the shops, and just enjoying the buzz of the big city. ( Like the two guys on Milwaukee Avenue who were draped in rugs and yelling through orange traffic cones like megaphones ) We had a wonderful day. When I started the 8" x 24" canvases I had just received my photos back from the trip and the first painting of this new project is one of those images. "Tavern" is just a sign on Division above a bar, I've always been a sucker for signs and now with the smaller canvas I will paint more of them. The photo is a little blurry ( I had the camera set at the wrong settings) just be assured that the painting looks a great deal better than this photo.

1 Comments:

Blogger CharlieGirl said...

Hey! You guys are hot!

Thursday, 07 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter