Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Class
This weekend was the workshop on acrylic painting at the Dogwood Center at Illinois Central College. The good part of the class is that I get paid to paint all day . I managed to finish two paintings, the first was a redo of the stained glass at Lincoln's Woman Club.( I decided to paint this as a one piece painting 16" x 24") I brought the diptych in as an object painting and had it drawn out on velum so the class could transfer it to their canvas then went over the process that I use of underpainting with base colors and building up glazes of colors to get to the finished piece. The class worked on this one until shortly after lunch and then we switched to the next one, the obligatory sunset.( I painted this painting in the new 8" x 24" size) For this one we used an object photo that I had taken one winter evening outside of my home. I just loved the way the sky looked that evening and had been wanting to paint it, and it worked well in the workshop as we could take what we were doing on the stained glass and use it on a different subject.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok,Ok. So next year, for sure I take the class! They are gorgeous!"Thorn"

Friday, 22 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter