Tuesday, January 29, 2008



Diner












An e-mail came the other day with the new application procedure for the show at Junction City and the show at the Peoria Riverfront both put on by the Peoria Art Guild. The Junction show is for artists that are within a 100 mile radius of Peoria and I have had good luck with being accepted at that venue. The Riverfront show is a highly respected national show and I have as of yet been good enough to make the cut, but I keep trying.




The talent pool that you are competing for a spot with is impressive, these are truly the rising stars in the art community and you better bring your a-game or stay home. This year I am working on a series for the jury of four diners. The first one I started last week and it is called simply "Diner". At 24" x 48", it is a night view of the Cherokee Diner in New York and if this first painting is any indication of the quality of work I can produce - sometimes I even amaze myself - I do believe it turned out very near to what I wanted.




The next diner is the same one - I will start " Cherokee Diner" probably tomorrow as I have to drive to Kaleb's wrestling meet south of Springfield tonight - an hour and fifteen minutes there to sit on hard gym bleachers and then an hour and fifteen minutes back. I thick that tonight is not going to be a painting night.




The next diner will probably be "Munson Diner" also in New York I am not sure if it will be a night or day scene. I have both photos but the quality of the night one is a little lacking, although I think it would be the most stunning. Something about the reflections off metal and chrome, lite up signs make night scenes pop.




This weekend The Woman and I will be going to San Francisco for the weekend to get some images of another city. I plan on getting photos of Fog City Diner and Lori's on Powell Street among other's so I not sure what the fourth diner will be yet. Stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter