Friday, April 25, 2008

The Cloud is Moving

Since the last post a cloud has hung over everything. I went to the jury session at the Peoria Art Guild for the Fine Art Festival and had to leave a little early to address a sewer problem at my house. It was a strange transition for the "artsy fartsy" world to running a sewer snake, quite humbling.
If that was the last of the trouble that I had to deal with I would have been happy, but last Thursday The Woman was driving to her sisters and the car just died. Being the cheapskate that I am, I spent the weekend trying to determine what the problem was and fix it. My knowledge of Cadillac electrical systems is severely lacking and I had to call the dealer.
After a few days and a few calls from Mike the service technician ( each call raised my price a few hundred dollars ) the car was ready for pick-up. We drove to the dealer and paid for the car, over a thousand dollars, and we got two "sweet deal" candy bars. ( I could have got those at Cub Foods for 33 cents) and drove home. At that point I notice that the rear tire was low, and after filling it with air discovered the hole in the sidewall.
Called the tire shop who told me I was too late to get it replaced as they just closed. My daughter, Chelsea, came out to inform me that her computer had crashed. It was almost too much to take. With the stress of the day job ( in the same week I had to layoff one of our employees, and several other measures where put in place -like shortened work weeks for some departments) and all the problems at home , I have had better weeks.
Even with all the turmoil I did manage to finish two of the 8"x 8" pieces for the Art Guild and drop off some prints for the WTVP auction that is going on now. The first one sold for above the regular price at a show which is good. Still no word on the Riverfront show, but I have been accepted at Sugar Creek in Normal. Hopefully things will be back to a normal pace and I can get back to finishing other tasks in the art world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter