Friday, April 11, 2008

Night



As I have stated in a previous post I decided (The Woman told me I had to) to go to The Clubs at Rivercity and spruce up my display. The display looks great and have received some feedback from Dan O'Connell, the owner, that it is drawing lots of admirers.

I had a diptych painting "Night" hanging in the lobby, so when I remodeled I brought it home.

Since it has been hanging in various places for a few years, I never got the chance to shoot it so I could begin the print process. Well, yesterday evening I got the chance.

The photos that I took actually turned out too well, as I can see every flaw in the painting. I spent an hour in Photoshop fixing some of the areas, just to get booted out and loose all the work. I got angry and just printed out a copy, The Woman says it looks fine but wish it looked better.

It seems that it is good timing to be thinking of prints as I received a call as I was working from the local Public TV station soliciting art for their upcoming auction. Everybody wants free art !! I must get a letter a week asking for donations for anything from benefits at the VFW to black tie dinners at the Packard Plaza. I had cut them off last year( WTVP) but this year since I am making more of my own prints I'll get them some.

This whole donation thing is really sort of irritating. I wrote to my Congressmen and encouraged them to support a bill (the bill is currently just in committee - but it doesn't hurt to be proactive - especially since one of them Obama - is running for president) The bill would allow artist to deduct the full amount of the "thing" that is donated. Under the current law if I donate a painting I am only allowed to deduct the price of the materials ie: paint/canvas/frame -not the actual selling price of the painting. Sort of makes you want to donate that 2000.00 piece so you can get that 100.00 deduction. I've got some nice correspondence from most of them - Obama sent an e-mail - Ray Lahood a very nice letter- on congressional stationary .

Oh well, it's pizza Friday and I'm going to get somethings done at lunch. Drop off at WTVP/ go and have blood drawn so that they can take more Sunday ( seems that I have to have a sample tested for white blood cells as they don't do that on Sunday? )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter