Thursday, April 10, 2008

Still Plodding Along

I have found with my painting I tend to go through periods of great productivity followed by periods of forcing myself to produce. It seems that I am in the latter.
It has been a struggle this past few weeks to get into the mood to paint. It could be the dreary weather that is in a holding pattern of cold drizzly days, the busy evening schedules that have just recently arrived, or that my mind just to recharge.
At any rate I still try to make it to the studio to put some paint on canvas, but it is at times torturous and definitely not my best work.
I have sketched out the small 8 x 8 canvases and maybe by starting the small series of paintings ( that should be finished rather quickly ) I can jump start the creative process.
The jury for the Fine Art Fair is this weekend on Saturday and the Red Cross has again got me for another platelet letting two hour stint on Sunday. So maybe, lets hope, I can rally and get something finished by next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter