Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting Ready

It was a good thing that I at least had the foresight to get some paintings and prints done for the Fine Art Fair. I should finish "Courthouse Square" this evening and then all I have to do is ready the peripheral things. Parts of my booth panels could be touched up (putting them up and down all summer does cause wear) of course I always am in need of more prints (Mitchell says-"You can't sell from an empty shelf") and I'll need the required artist statement signage with a sign for "reproduction". (the Art Guild will not let you call them prints)

All told I'm thinking that I'm in good shape. Thanks to "Ike" the crowds were down at Morton and left me with plenty of product (prints) - It may have also contributed to the open spot in the show, as the river flooded it's banks. I could pick up some paintings like "Tom's Restaurant" at Exhibit A Gallery or "Meters" and "No Parking" at the winery but I should be OK with the ones I have ready. If I do by chance sell some the first day I could always get some from other places Saturday evening for Sunday. I only hope that is a problem!

Six years ago I had a brand new tent and paintings and tried to get into this show, I was so naive. The tent spent the summer by the pool and I just kept painting along. This year I finally had to replace the old tent with a new one and it gets to do the duty at the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter