Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Homeless

Every morning I drive up to work and I pass the homeless shelter on Adams Street in Peoria. Most of the year you don't really have any idea of how many of these usually faceless/nameless people are wandering around the city. Peoria isn't like the mecca for the migrating homeless population ( In fact I've often wondered if they are homeless why be homeless in Peoria - why not Hawaii ) but we do have our share.

With the change in the weather the shelter starts to swell, the usual one or two guys that are standing out front are now twenty - plus. It also is strange to see more women in the group. This is a strange time when they mass together for warmth.

I don't have an answer for any of this or some plan to house them, it's just something that I see every day and wish that I did or could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter