Thursday, March 20, 2008

Computer Troubles

Among the many duties that I must attend to during the day, probably the most stressful thing that can arise is computer troubles.
When things are well in cyber world, life is grand. At the touch of the mouse you can venture to far off destinations, converse with friends, order supplies, and even watch movies. (The Woman loves her new Netflix subscription)
But when things go wrong it can be a gut wrenching painful journey to try to get this #%$!** box to work. Luckily, I sort of think the way it thinks and can usually find a way to correct most situations. The only problem that I have is that it takes a lot of time away from painting when these things rear their ugly little heads.
Other family members using their own computers would fix most of the problems that happen on the studio computer. Everyone in the family has their own “magic box”, three Dell units and a HP laptop and for various reasons(usually they have got some wicked thing from some malicious site that they were not on and have no idea why it doesn’t work) they decide “Hey Dad’s is right hear we’ll just use his”. The second is a more expensive alternative, switch to an Apple.
I have been looking at the new Apple computers and it is on the list of “dream” items for the coming year. But for now I will have to plug along with the one I have and as soon as I put in the dual monitor card and set up the second monitor by my easel I may not want to switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter