Friday, April 04, 2008

Spirit is a winner

This weekend is the Illinois Art Leagues membership show at the Northwoods Mall in Peoria. Last evening I had signed The Woman and I too work the show, so we spent a slow Thursday sitting in the middle of the mall.
I took three paintings to the show, Diner, Chrysler Building, and Spirit of Peoria(all have been previewed in the blog) Diner and Chrysler won Honorable Mentions (although I have always hated the award-because it always seemed like something they give to people because they really aren't good enough for the other awards-until The Woman told me "Hey a lot of people don't even get those") Spirit Of Peoria won first place, so three entries three ribbons.
The pick-up is Saturday so I will try to work something out with Kickapoo Creek Winery to maybe drop off some paintings for the show that Lynne is putting together there.
It has been a long work week for the "day job" and the "art gig" so I am looking forward to taking it easy this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter