Thursday, June 19, 2008

If I'm not Blogging I'm Busy....


I actually don't like the word "busy" because you could be busy and get nothing done, I prefer the word productive. Now being productive has a lot to do with what I'm focused on at the moment. I have referred to controlling artists as "herding cats" just when you get going the way you want some other thing catches their attention and then they are diverted to that task, at times it seems that they won't get anything done.

For myself I would use a different analogy - it's like a flashlight - when I'm focused on a certain task that I'm interested in, that is pretty much all I see. Everything else is in the darker corners and I'm not to worried about them. At this point The Woman is controlling the flashlight and it is focusing on the gazebo...

A few days ago we were at a local chain store ( Sears) and I saw a metal gazebo that would look cool by the pool, good price - under 200.00 and all the features - shade - screens - and reasonably good looking. At that point I was told ours would be made of wood, just a couple of boards a little cutting and nailing and " You could build one of these for less than that" . After a trip to Lowes for supplies I was started on the adventure ... the creative flashlight in The Womans hands and no idea of what it would look like.

Much to the dismay of people who like plan things out- I like to figure things like this out as I go. The structure to me is a sculpture - the wood wants to be a gazebo - so how do you form it into one. After a few failed "creative" features The Woman brought me back to a more traditional look and the structure is taking shape. Although the price of the unit is steadily climbing far beyond the 200.00 range.

After I'm finished I may be able to wrestle the flashlight out of her hands ... but she is pretty tough ... so you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter