Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Life Happens

Since the last post I have had a frantic run of activities that have needed attention or time.. Too many deadlines to name for art shows and festivals ( along with all the entry fees ) you see you don't just apply to a show and that's the end, they want your entry fee ( sometimes several hundred dollars)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not so much complaining about the money that I have to pay to shows ( Unlike some of my artist friends that think that the 35.00 jury fee is too much money to spend on a show ) I have found that in the art show world you get exactly what you pay for. The more the show cost the more people and hopefully the more return on the entry fee will be. There are always exceptions to the rule but for the most part this the way of the art fair world.

The problem that I have with the whole process is that they are all seemingly due at once. The pen and the checkbook are both screaming stop!!!

So if anyone is reading this and feeling pity on a poor ( and getting poorer ) artist, throw me a bone - go to my web site buy a print - help a brother out !

Oh well I at leats have a light at the end of the tunnel as my first show is May 1st and 2nd in Elmhurst IL - maybe the kids don't need to eat until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter